In this podcast, James & Paul share the key learning from a combined 30+ years of ecommerce technology project management, exploring what good communication looks like.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
When embarking on an ecommerce technology project, for example migrating to a new ecommerce vendor or integrating a 3rd party CMS, it’s imperative to have a structured plan for communicating across the various internal and external stakeholder groups. Without clear communication, projects can be derailed by inefficiency, such as important tasks not being completed on time that slow down development sprints.
Get practical advice from James & Paul. who share the key learning from a combined 30+ years of ecommerce technology project management, exploring how you need to communicate with and when, proven techniques for managing communication effectively and some of the most popular tools used by Client-side teams.
Tl;dr – what we cover:
- Risks of poor project comms
- Stakeholder groups you need to plan for
- Proven techniques for good communication
- Tooling: removing your reliance on emails!
Key Discussion Points
- Why are good project comms so important – what are risks of not doing this well?
- Who should you be communicating with and when e.g. who are important internal teams that need to be communicated with?
- What are the most important proven techniques for achieving good project comms?
- How do you keep people engaged and what types of regular update are useful?
- What tools can ecommerce teams use to help minimise manual effort and manage communication flows?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.