In this episode, we interview Julian Holt, COO at The Fragrance Shop, and Vikram Saxena, Founder & CEO at Better Commerce. They talk us through the ecommerce technology stack for the UK’s leading independent fragrance brand.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
The COVID-19 pandemic saw an enormous uptick in ecommerce sales, with Beauty a sector that benefitted significantly. It’s an interesting sector, with lots of innovation in terms of how products are being presented to end shoppers via ambitious and forward-thinking brands. From the success of influencer-led live shopping on Singles Day in China, to brands like Sephora embracing AR, technology is an important enabler for ecommerce in the beauty sector.
In this episode we focus on fragrance ecommerce, interviewing Julian Holt, COO at The Fragrance Shop, and Vikram Saxena, Founder & CEO at their ecommerce platform partner Better Commerce. Julian and Vikram share insights into how they’re using the headless ecommerce platform & other technology to drive The Fragrance Shop’s ecommerce success.
Tl;dr: what we cover:
- What does the tech stack look like for a leading fragrance brand?
- The benefits of a headless platform
- The art of running Live Shopping events
- Delivery and product subscription services
Key Discussion Points
- What does your core tech stack for ecommerce look like & has this changed much over the last few years?
- Better Commerce is a headless platform; what does this mean to The Fragrance Shop in terms of how you work?
- How do you use Live Shopping and what type of customers use it the most?
- What tools do you rely on for running live shopping events?
- How does your delivery subscription service work?
- What does a good subscription commerce model look like?
- How did you use the platform to enable your Fragrance Match service?
- What’s your approach to CRO and site optimisation: how much does it drive your decision-making?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.