In this ecommerce podcast, James Gurd and Paul Rogers interview two leading Shopify solution experts on what Shopify 2.0 means for ecommerce businesses, discussing the key development and new features like Sections Everywhere.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
Shopify Online Store 2.0 was announced to developers in Q2 2021, representing a major upgrade to the theme architecture to improve storefront management for developers and ecommerce teams.
In this ecommerce podcast, Paul and James share their experience of the impact migrating to a true SaaS solution has on ecommerce teams, both technically and opIn this ecommerce podcast, Paul & James sit down with leading Shopify experts Piers Thorogood, Co-Founder at We Make Websites, and Dan Gamble, Development Director at BAO to discuss the impact of 2.0 on ecommerce teams. Listen in for insights on Sections Everywhere, headless commerce, Shopify Markets and international ecommerce, multi-language, Shopify Flow, B2B and predictions for where Shopify is headed as a platform.
Tl;dr – what we cover:
- What has changed in Shopify 2.0?
- The impact of Sections Everywhere, Hydrogen, Markets & Flow
- Common frustrations and limitations of the platform
Key Discussion Points
- How have your clients found 2.0 and Sections Everywhere so far?
- What are the use cases for going headless on Shopify?
- What are some of the biggest improvements from a development perspective in the last 12 months?
- How useful is Shopify Markets and how well does it support international commerce?
- You’ve both used Markets for multi-language projects; how did these go, any surprise issues to be wary of?
- Have either of you seen anything with the new B2B feature-set / product?
- Shopify Flow is a feature that gets referenced a lot and there’s been some good improvements recently – do you have a view on how this might continue to develop?
- Where do you typically see Shopify win vs. other platforms?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.