Tune in for a talking heads between James & Paul, exploring when ecommerce businesses should consider investing in external resource to help them prepare for and implement new technology.
Watch the video
Listen on your favourite player
We’ve worked on more than 100 projects between us and have seen all sorts of resource models for technology implementation, from complete in-house project teams to most roles being outsourced to external specialists.
There isn’t a one-size fits all solution to resourcing migration projects. In this podcast, we explore the value outsourcing can add to your project, and discuss when it’s appropriate.
Don’t worry, this isn’t a sales pitch! As experienced consultants, we both know there are projects that don’t need contractor or consultant support and can be run using a lean project team. However, it’s important to know how when and why you might need to invest in external support to compliment your internal team.
In this episode we explore:
- When you don’t need to invest in external resource
- What roles outsourcing can satisfy & why they’re needed
- The role of contractors: what skills do ecommerce teams typically lack in-house?
- Specific skills like integrations and storefront setup > being able to scrutinise agency recommendations on a tech level
- Handling design and content production for launch
- Technical Discovery phase
- How do you control a blended model with internal and external roles?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on LinkedIn.