This episode provides an insight into how and why Monwell selected BigCommerce to power its large catalogue ecommerce book business.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
Monwell was founded in 2016 to provide ecommerce shops for booksellers. With extensive book industry knowledge and more than 1 million books in its warehouse, Monwell currently provides the online bookshop for brands like The Guardian.
Monwell recently replatformed to BigCommerce and implemented Comestri as a PIM to provide advanced product catalogue management. In this podcast we spoke to Co-founder and Director Nick Sidwell, to understand why BigCommerce has been chosen to power such a large product catalogue business.
Tl;dr: what you’ll learn:
- Why Monwell selected BigCommerce for a complex migration
- The pros and cons of using BigCommerce
- The benefits of using a PIM for large product catalogues
Key Discussion Points
- What made you choose BigCommerce over other platforms or sticking with Magento?
- You briefly considered going down the headless route; why did you decide against that in the end?
- What benefits has using a dedicated PIM given the business?
- How do you handle inventory and order management across the different stores?
- What is the key learning from the project; is there anything you would’ve done differently looking back?
- Which other third party tools are used as part of the stack and why did you select them?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.