In this ecommerce podcast, hosts James & Paul interview Allen Chaves, CTO of Klaviyo, to discuss how their platform enables ecommerce businesses to drive smart email marketing flows
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
The industry talks a lot about how marketing automation can connect brands with customers at the right time and the right place, and the impact personalised email marketing can have on conversion rates and revenue. We reached out to one of the leading marketing automation platforms to get under the hood and understand how their technology is being used by ecommerce teams to automate marketing campaigns and improve personalisation.
In this episode, we’re joined by Allen Chaves, CTO of our sponsors Klaviyo, to discuss how their platform enables ecommerce businesses to drive smart email marketing flows. We also explore emerging trends and innovative uses of the platform.
Tl;dr – what we cover:
- What is Klaviyo?
- Essential email automation flows for ecommerce
- How ecommerce teams are leveraging analytics to improve performance
- Where is Klaviyo and the industry headed?
Key Discussion Points
- The industry talks a lot about connecting with customers at the right time and the right place; what does Klaviyo mean by this and can you give an example?
- What data types can Klaviyo ingest to enable tailored flows based on customer profiles & behaviour? E.g. browse data, purchase history, loyalty data, CRM, store sales etc.
- Everyone talks about basket abandonment, but what are the other essential flows that ecommerce teams need to set-up & why?
- What are the most innovative uses of the platform & what are the use cases where it has been really pushed in terms of using the tool to achieve complex flows?
- How self-serve is a tool like Klaviyo: what can ecommerce teams do without the need for additional dev/support?
- How are your customers leveraging analytics to understand which flows are generating revenue?
- One challenge we see Clients facing is using their content to drive people into ecommerce journeys; do you have any examples for how Klaviyo has been used to target customers who engage with on-site content like articles with related product offers?
- Brand examples and how their strategies have helped them create exceptional customer experiences and reach customers on the edge of converting
- What are customers demanding the most and where is your roadmap headed?
- Where’s the industry headed: what are the emerging trends you’re seeing, or is it just more of the same for ecommerce retailers?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.