In our 43rd episode, we’re joined by Mark Slocock, Managing Director of GPMD, a multi-platform eCommerce agency. Mark answers questions from Paul and James on working with different platforms, GPMD’s initial transition from Magento-only to working with Shopware, the difference for developers between the open-source platforms and the SaaS platforms, their recent adoption of PWA and lots more.
You can also listen to this podcast episode on the following:
In this episode, Mark answers a wide range of questions about the different mid-market ecommerce platforms on the market, including:
- What made you decide to broaden into working with multiple platforms?
- How was the transition for your PHP developers of working with Magento to Shopware?
- How have you found Shopware generally? Are you working with Shopware 6 now? How have you found this compared to version 5?
- How have you found BigCommerce? What are some of the key strengths and weaknesses from a development perspective?
- Why did you go down the PWA route and how has it impacted your team and builds so far?
- How does this currently impact the cost of a project for your clients?
- How have you found working with Magento and VueStorefront? Did you review other technologies?
- Do you plan to use the same stack and approach across other eCommerce platforms?
- Are there any new platforms you have your eye on?