You can also listen to our Ecommerce RFP Management podcast on the following:
In our 40th re:platform episode, we’re joined by seasoned ecommerce pro Mark Pinkerton, Co-Founder of Prospero Commerce. We asked Mark to talk about the pros and cons of running an ecommerce RFP platform selection process, sharing his insights from the last two decades of working with organisations of all sizes, specifically at enterprise level.
Ecommerce platform selection is complex and often disorientating if you’ve not been through the process before. Listen to Mark to learn what a good process looks like and how best to approach and deliver a project.
Some of the topics we cover in this episode, include:
- What’s the starting point for planning new technology purchases?
- What’s the best way to shortlist potential vendors?
- Do businesses understand what a good RFP process looks like?
- What preparation does a business need before starting a selection project?
- Who should be involved, when and why?
- What are the most common issues and how can these be effectively handled?
- How important are product demos and how should they be managed?