As always, you can listen on all of the main podcast channels:
In our 13th episode, we asked Piers Thorogood (Co-Founder of We Make Websites) to come on and talk to us about how they approach complex Shopify Plus replatforming projects and also how Shopify Plus can scale for enterprise users.
The demand around Shopify Plus has grown significantly over the last few years and We Make Websites have worked on a number of the larger builds in the UK market, including Cluse Watches, Emma Bridgewater and Hasbro. Paul has worked with Piers a lot on Shopify projects and describes him as the ‘best he knows’ when it comes to Shopify solutions and technical Shopify questions – so we decided to bring him on to talk about Shopify’s biggest challenges and where the platform is going.
Some of the key focuses of this episode include:
- How Shopify Plus can handle complex multi-store and multi-currency setups
- How complex integrations with Shopify Plus can be handled and any associated issues or limitations
- How Shopify Plus can be used in a headless manner and the pros and cons of this approach
- What’s expected from Shopify Plus’s gradual roll-out of multi-store features and the likely short-term capabilities
- What’s likely to come from Shopify around B2B features and how the acquisition of Handshake will drive this
- The general limitations with Shopify Plus and how they can be overcome – examples include payments, complex product catalogs etc
- Examples of Shopify Plus at scale and how the platform has supported growth