In our 47th episode, Paul and James are joined by BigCommerce General Manager (Europe), Jim Herbert, who talks us through the platform’s recent growth in Europe. Jim shares insights on the shift towards headless projects, some of the larger and more complex projects that are being worked on by BigCommerce, key items on the roadmap for 2021 and new features released during 2020.
BigCommerce has been gaining significant traction in the UK for the past few years, winning big projects like Bensons for Beds and La Perla. During 2020 it has reacted to changing market demands to support many smaller businesses launch ecommerce stores, and has been busy enhancing its core product offering and building out the roadmap.
We wanted to catch up and review how BigCommerce has evolved in 2020, explore some of the new platform features like page builder and the WordPress integration, as well as touch on how its recent IPO is shaping the business strategy and roadmap.
We were delighted to welcome Jim Herbert, Vice President & General Manager EMEA, who has a stack of experience in the ecommerce tech industry, having co-founded systems integrator Sceneric and been on the Board for leading agencies DigitasLBi and Greenlight Commerce.
You can also listen to this BigCommerce ecommerce platform episode via the following:
Some of the key discussion points include:
- What does the IPO mean to the business strategy & focus?
- What types of business have turned to the platform since March, and why?
- Why was Page Builder released and how does it compare to other vendor CMS solutions on the market?
- How does the BigCommerce for WordPress integration work?
- How has your international offering evolved in 2020?
- What’s happening with the closed beta for checkout on Instagram?
- How extensive is the partner community now and where is it headed in the UK?