An interview with Stuart McMillan, Head of Multi-Channel at Tiso.
As always, you can listen on all of the main podcast channels:
Bonus! This episode is packed with incredible insights and advice based on experience.
Web speed and performance matters. Why? Primarily because a poor user experience frustrates customers and sends them packing, unlikely to return to your site again. Consider the impact that slowing down key webpages has on conversion rate and revenue:
- Walmart found that for every 1 second improvement in page load time, conversions increased by 2%
- Mobify found that each 100ms improvement in their homepage’s load time resulted in a 1.11% increase in conversion.
The puzzle for most ecommerce teams is how to speed up their site given the demands to keep adding content, plugins and features. For example, what’s the right trade-off between the on-page UX and page load speed? To help unpick this riddle, we decided to speak to somebody obsessed by performance, with a track record of leading technical projects to deliver measurable improvements.
That person is highly respected ecommerce leader Stuart McMillan, Head of Multi-Channel at outdoor clothing specialist retailer Tiso. On LinkedIn he nails his colours to the mast: “I want to be responsible for the best-in-industry ecommerce website that does everything right, every last detail.” Grab the opportunity to learn from a thought leader who talks from experience.
Key discussion points:
- How page speed impacts conversion rate
- Common mistakes that ecommerce teams make
- Key learning from testing & what has had the biggest impact on performance
- The ecommerce technology trends that will have the biggest impact on site performance