In this episode, we interview Sean McGinnis, President & Integrator at KURU Footwear, about the lessons learned managing a fast growth consumer brand and the technology helping to drive that growth.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
There are a lot of exciting fast growth consumer brands out there and people always want to know what their secret sauce is. Do they do something unique, or is it simply the fastidious application of good practice, hard work and smart decision-making that has enabled them to scale their customer base and revenue? In this episode we delve into what’s making KURU Footwear tick and explore the technology and marketing decisions they’ve made to help push the business forward.
Tl;dr: what we cover:
- Using the Entrepreneurial Operating System as a model for growth
- Growth challenges and how to overcome them
- Building an ecommerce team for growth
Key Discussion Points
- You’re background is with large enterprise, so how does driving growth for an SME compare?
- How has KURU grown the DTC channel in recent times and how has the pandemic impacted your sales?
- What aspects of growth has the business found most challenging and how have you adapted?
- How do you handle promotions and offers, as persistent discounting erodes margin?
- What’s your approach to customer loyalty and retention, and what technology do you use?
- What’s your team structure for ecommerce and why have you taken this approach?
- How have you approached using Magento and what impact has it had?
- Will international expansion and improved CX for international shipping be core to the future strategy?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.