In this episode, we interview David Franks, Co-founder & CMO of Kick Game, about the trials and tribulations growing a retail brand on Shopify and launching marketplace ecommerce,
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
There are a lot of exciting fast growth consumer brands out there and people always want to know what has made them successful. For this episode we focus on Kick Game’s brand & customer proposition and its rapid growth to being a £30m+ retailer. Co-founder David gives an honest appraisal of the pros and cons of working with Shopify as an ecommerce platform.
Tl;dr: what we cover:
- Evolving from DTC ecommerce into omnichannel commerce
- Using Shopify for international ecommerce
- Building a team structure for growth
Key Discussion Points
- What does your Shopify tech stack look like?
- How has the move to physical retail been with Shopify’s POS?
- Given the challenges with physical retail, what’s the need for and purpose of retail stores?
- How have you setup for international commerce with Shopify?
- What is the structure of your development team and what do you manage in-house?
- How do you approach marketplace commerce on Shopify?
- What are you strategic priorities for 2022?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.