In this episode, we interview Ollie Marshall, MD at Maplin, and Matt Barrie, Founder at fast delivery platform and service provider Quiver, about how to ensure your ecommerce shipping is competitive and delivering a positive CX.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
Speed and convenience are often cited by customers in terms of key purchase influences in ecommerce. Whilst free delivery is still important, retailers are under increasing pressure to offer faster delivery options, and shoppers are often willing to pay a premium for an improved customer experience.
In this episode we explore what shoppers are looking for and how retailers can provide a best in class shipping service. We discuss the importance of being customer-centric when prioritising the shipping methods retailers offer and the operational impact of adding faster delivery methods. Tune in to listen to the retailer’s perspective, with insights from the MD of Maplin on what customers want and how to provide it and get insights from a leading vendor, the founder of fast delivery startup Quiver.
Tl;dr: what we cover:
- Key trends in ecommerce shipping
- Quiver’s focus on customer centricity; what this means for retailers and shoppers
- Impact of fast delivery on customer retentionWhat does the tech stack look like for a leading fragrance brand?
Key Discussion Points
- What are the hot trends in ecommerce shipping and how do these vary from country to country?
- What are the main shipping related issues that annoy customers and affect conversion rate?
- How are you seeing customer demand change for more delivery convenience & greener options?
- What does customer centricity mean for shipping services & how do you achieve such a fast delivery?
- For Shop from Store, achieving fast delivery may require major operational changes; how can retailers plan for this?
- What are the in-store tech requirements?
- How does Quiver achieve the zero emissions, as there’s a lot of genuine concern amongst consumers over green washing and unsubstantiated eco claims?
- What advice can you offer to other retailers: what are the challenges you need to plan for?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.