This episode is ideal for people working in ecommerce who don’t yet have an advanced level of paid media knowledge and want to learn more.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
Using POAS to improve marketing spend
Investment in marketing automation tools has been increasing rapidly. Did you know that 9 out of 10 marketers use more than one form of marketing automation software? According to Marketo 76% of companies that implement marketing automation generate a return on their investment within the first year.
A key challenge with scaling paid media for ecommerce is profitable growth. ROAS (Return On Ad Spend) is an established metric but it doesn’t give a full picture of how profitable acquired customers are, and therefore how scalable/sustainable growth really is. Increasingly performance marketers are focused on profit not revenue, using metrics like POAS (Profit On Ad Spend) to drive optimisation models. However, not all companies have the skills and resources to shift to a profit-based optimisation model. Specialist bid management and optimisation tools aren’t knew but the features are evolving fast and AI is doing more decision-making based on rich data models.
For this episode we interviewed Nick Huber, cofounder & CEO of Noopd, an AI tool that helps people to make smarter campaign decisions and has recently launched in the UK market having grown up in Germany.
Key Discussion Points
- What issues do ecommerce teams face with digital marketing that platforms like Noopd help with?
- What is POAS, how does it differ to ROAS and why is it important to digital marketing?
- What safeguards do automation tools have to avoid sending commercially sensitive data to big media companies like Google?
- What dynamic pricing strategies can automation tools help ecommerce teams manage?
- How does a solution like Noopd fit into a replatforming project?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.