This episode discusses the key ecommerce platform technology trends from 2021 and assesses what’s been happening in the vendor marketplace.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
There are so many ecommerce platforms on the market, and lots of different models. It’s impossible to cover each platform and every change in 2021, so for this episode two experienced ecommerce consultants discuss the major technology trends from 2021 and assess some of the big market announcements, from BigCommerce announcing multi-storefront to Episerver’s acquisition of Optimizely and subsequent rebrand.
Tl;dr: what we cover:
- The obsession with headless and composable
- Why Shopify and BigCommerce are killing it in the SaaS world
- How the Gartner Magic Quadrant is looking and some of the main moves in market leaders
Key Discussion Points
- Headless -which merchants are embracing and what does it mean?
- Composable – has it gained real traction, which organisations are going down this route & why?
- How have the SaaS platforms evolved?
- Market leaders – what’s going on with Magento, Salesforce etc.?
- What acquisitions have grabbed our attention and why?
- What can we expect from the main vendors in 2022?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.