In this ecommerce podcast, hosts James & Paul interview Liam Young, the founder of leading concierge provider Harper Concierge on the value of concierge services.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
Luxury brands want shopping to be an experience, not just a functional process. Often this results in money thrown at the front-end and in visible elements like packaging but not always the logistics. We all know that the shipping experience pays a vital role in nudging first time shoppers into repeat buyers and some businesses are investing in enhanced ecommerce concierge services to delight their customers.
In this ecommerce podcast, hosts James & Paul interview the founder of leading concierge provider Harper on the value of concierge services, for example white glove delivery for VIP customers. They get under the hood of how Harper operates and integrates with retailers existing customer systems and processes.
Tl;dr – what we cover:
- The value in providing a more premium ecommerce concierge service
- Trends and insights from customers
- Operational considerations for stock & payment management
Key Discussion Points
- What does an ideal client look like for Harper?
- Do you see your offering broadening into either lower AOV businesses or other verticals?
- Elevated experience is a big part of your proposition- what additional touches do you have that make the process more premium for the customer?
- How do people typically measure the impact of an ecommerce concierge service: is it revenue driven or CX driven, or both?
- Do you find that this approach delivers higher AOVs and drives loyalty?
- You obviously learn a lot from talking to customers as part of the process – what are some of the most interesting trends or insights you’ve seen?
- Operationally how do you handle the stock management of you’re taking from multiple retailers for each customer?
- How do you handle the payment flows and refunds?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.