In this ecommerce podcast, Paul is joined by Elevar’s owner, Brad Redding, to discuss the key privacy and technology changes affecting ecommerce analytics tracking and give advice to ecommerce teams on what they should be doing about them.
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
Elevar has a wealth of experience working with brands to help them tackle modern tracking challenges for ecommerce and digital marketing. Elevar is recognised as the leading conversion tracking choice for marketers and fast-scaling Shopify brands.
Get expert insights on where ecommerce analytics is heading with all the changes to privacy and cookie-based tracking. Hear from owner Brad Redding on the demise of cookie-based tracking, what all the changes have meant for advertisers and ultimately merchants and what other solutions are out there to replace cookies.
Tl;dr: what we cover:
- The demise of cookie-based tracking + how changes impact advertisers and ultimately merchants
- Most common issues when it comes to tracking & what to do about them
- The processes digital teams should have in place to check on pixel health
Key Discussion Points
- Can you summarise the demise of cookie-based tracking and what all the changes have meant for advertisers and ultimately merchants?
- What other ecommerce analytics solutions are out there to replace cookies?
- What is server side tracking; how could this be implemented with and without Elevar across the different networks / tools?
- What is the conversion API for Shopify merchants and are there any enhancements that can be made beyond Shopify’s standard approach?
- How can custom events be used across the different tracking methods to support insight?
- What are the most common issues that you see when it comes to tracking?
- Beyond using Elevar, do you have any other tips to prevent / identify these issues earlier?
- What processes should digital teams have in place to check on pixel health?
- Will CRM / user tracking focused solutions still be able to track users with user IDs?
- What unique challenges do headless implementations create for tracking?
- Where do you see the tracking / reporting world going?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.