An interview with CEO and co-founder Martin Jensen on Centra’s current go-to-market strategy, its core products focus and future releases, as well as how the pricing model works..
Listen on your favourite player
Watch the video
- Centra’s current go-to-market strategy
- Core product features including product management, order management & wholesale
- Product roadmap and pricing model
Centra is an API-first ecommerce platform that is focused on helping fashion & lifestyle brands expand into new markets and win global customers. It is growing in the UK based on a solid reputation in Europe with an impressive brand roster including Stronger, Sandqvist and Nudie Jeans. The platform is headless by design and boasts impressive native capabilities and ecommerce tooling including multi-storefront with international tax and duty handling, robust order management flows and a lightweight PIM geared to fashion and lifestyle brands.
We’ve been fans of Centra for a while and see 2023 as the year when it starts to get more traction with UK customers. In this episode we interview CEO and co-founder Martin Jensen on Centra’s current go-to-market strategy, its core products focus and future releases, as well as how the pricing model works.
- Let’s starFor those that are new to Centra, what does the current GTM strategy look like, and how is your partner ecosystem maturing in the UK?
- You position yourselves as a headless ecommerce platform but also talk about composable; what’s the key differences between what you offer & what vendors like Commercetools & Commercelayer provide, and what type of business does this suit?
- Who do you see as your biggest competitors in the UK & why, for example do you mainly come up against vendors like Shopify and BigCommerce?
- Your French partner Ultro shared a case study of increasing fast performing pages from 10% to 85% by migrating to Centra – can you add some credibility to that stat by explaining how the platform specifically improved performance?
- You recently posted on LinkedIn about endless aisle commerce for Eton Shirts – what’s your offering, how is Eton using it & what impact has it had?
- You have some value-add native platform capabilities that suit certain types of business: talk us through what your PIM for fashion does that standard product catalogue management features can’t provide?
- For cross border you promote native handling of international duties & taxes; how is this achieved, as people often outsource to 3rd party specialists like Avalara and Global-e?
- How do people typically approach the front-end stack. I know lots of people use StoryBlok / Algolia etc, is that your recommendation etc or are you agnostic?
- How big a focus is Wholesale and B2B for Centra in 2023 – what features do you have specifically for the wholesale market?
- Another question listeners will want us to tackle is your pricing model & how it compares to other vendors offering headless solutions – can you talk us through this?
- What other changes will we see from Centra and the product this year – which areas are you building more core capabilities/features for & why?
Want to suggest a topic or guest for a future episode? Contact us via the website or on Twitter.